Facial masks have gained massive popularity in recent years with good reason. Masks up your skincare game tremendously and they are easy and fun to use! Another reason masks are so well-liked is that they can combat many different skincare woes.
However, if you’re like me you have more than one skincare issue. My skin is dry, needs brightening and I have some large pores. That’s three masks! What’s a beauty to do? Customize your mask with Nectar!
Nectar Bath Treats’ new Mix-In Mask Collection ($38 each) is offering beauty lovers an astounding 403,788 total mask options! Simply curate a box online and then mix your very own mask right at home. Each set is customized to fit your skin’s needs as well as match your own color and ingredient preferences. This idea from Nectar Bath Treats was created on the belief that consumers know their skin best and their desire to always bring joy with a personalized, memorable experience.
Start by choosing from 3 bases (Cream, Clay or Gel) and 24 different natural ingredient mix-ins – because no one knows your skin better than you! You can pick up to 6 mix-ins per boxed set with options ranging from Avocado and Peppermint Powders to Cranberry Seeds and Jojoba Beads. All ingredients are plant-based, do not contain parabens or sulfates and are cruelty-free.
- Clay – The kaolin clay mask absorbs excess oils from the skin’s surface while magnesium aspartate properties help deliver vital nutrients to the skin. Good for normal to oily skin.
- Cream – Rich in vitamins E and C, essential omegas, and nourishing apricot kernel oil, the cream mask is perfect for moisturizing and replenishing skin. Good for normal to dry skin.
- Gel – For those who crave refreshing hydration and restoration on their skin, the gel mask is formulated with organic aloe leaf juice and witch hazel for a fresh cooling experience. Dry to Sensitive Skin.
There are 24 natural ingredients to add to the base mask that address any skincare issue imaginable. From Blueberry Seeds to add radiance, to Coffee Grinds for gentle exfoliation, to Charcoal Powder to draw out dirt and impurities, to Aloe Vera to nourish and moisturize. Well, you get the idea.
Overwhelmed by all of the fantastic choices? The launch also includes a special Smoothie Collection featuring 9 pre-selected kits to choose from: Matcha Booster, Sweet Berry Recovery Flare Relief, Tropical Glow, Soothing Oats, Cucumber Cooler, Balancing Superfood, Indulging Deep Clean, Hydration Surge, and Sweet Berry Recovery.
Take the brand’s simple survey via nectarusa.com/pages/mix-in-mask to help choose from the pre-made kits. Based on your skin goals and skin concern, Nectar Bath Treats can recommend what is best for you too!
I chose the cream base for my dry skin and the Matcha Booster Mix-In Mask. I picked this kit because it is grounding and reinvigorating at the same time. Matcha green tea derived vitamin-B12 is known to repair the skin while coffee derived caffeic acid can boost circulation, naturally supporting collagen and elastin production. Then add a splash of coconut milk for moisture and nourishment. This mask addresses all my skin concerns: Coffee Bean Seeds to exfoliate which cleans out my large pores, Matcha Grean Tea with antioxidant power to help keep my skin complexion fresh and healthy and Coconut Milk Powder with Vitamin C which helps maintain skin elasticity and moisture. All this is one mask!
Kit includes: 1 Cream Base Mask, 2 Matcha Green Tea Powders, 1 Coffee Bean Seeds and 1 Coconut Milk Powder.
- Add all the mix-in ingredients into the face mask base.
- Mix thoroughly until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Using the brush, liberally apply a thick, even layer on clean, dry face. Avoid eye area.
- Leave mask on for 15-20 minutes and relax.
- Rinse off mask with warm water.
- Pat dry with a soft, dry towel and follow up with a face oil or cream.
- Avoid contact with eyes, in case of contact, rinse with water immediately.
- Recommended for use 2 – 3 times a week.
Bottom Line: Nectar’s Mix-In Mask Kits give your skin an added boost. Finally, you can customize face masks to YOUR particular skin issues! And, it’s fun! They make great gifts too!