Inspired by iridescent eyes, aqua greens, abalone, corals and a sun-kissed glow, Merle Norman announces the launch of their Beach Beauty Summer Collection. Included in the collection is the Treasure Chest Shadow Palette, Blush and Glow Face Palette and Chubby Lip Crayons.
Let’s start with the Treasure Chest Shadow Palette $48. This sea-inspired palette features nine luminous to matte shadows.
- Shell Game – matte beige, this blends into my skin tone so much that it disappears
- Waterlily – shimmery pale pink
- Coral Reef – matte peach
- Warm Sands – matte light brown
- Mermaid Kisses – matte mauve
- Mystic Waters – shimmery seafoam green
- Golden Dreams – shimmery white gold
- Treasure Hunt – matte brick
- Azure – shimmering emerald
I know these shadows look great in swatches, but they are HEAVILY applied. Too bad they don’t transfer to the eyes this way. I have to say I had high hopes for this beautiful palette, however, the mattes disappear and the shimmering shades are not pigmented enough.
In this picture, I used Warm Sands in the crease, Golden Dreams on the lid and Shell Game on the brow bone. I also tried a mauve look with Mermaid Kisses and Waterlily and it looked pretty much the same on my eyes. There was not a good contrast in colors. The first three shades in the palette blend away to nothing. With a price of $48, I expect the eyeshadows to perform much, much better.
Though the Treasure Chest Shadow Palette disappointed, the Merle Norman Blush & Glow Face Palette $36 delights! The palette includes four complexion-enhancing shades in matte, semi-matte and luminous finishes.
- Sarong is a matte medium pink
- Shiny is a shimmering beige champagne highlighter
- Bahamas – is a semi-matte vibrant coral
- Sandcastles – is a shimmery icy peach
The face palette is nicely pigmented and I enjoy the different finishes. It is definitely warm-toned and provides either demure or vivid looks. Here I used Bahamas on the cheeks and Shiny ver lightly on top of the cheekbones.
Lastly, the collection includes four shades of Chubby Lip Crayons $16. The crayons are highy pigmented, moisturizing and provide tons of shine. In this picture, I’m wearing Ladybug.
- Ladybug – sheer watermelon pink
- Aruba – nude
- Sienna – burnt orange
- Calypso – a vivid red/coral
Merle Norman products are available at merlenorman.com or Merle Norman Studios nationwide.
The Merle Norman Beach Beauty Summer Collection on the whole is a success. I just feel a bit let down by the Treasure Chest Shadow Palette. It had potential but the formula did not live up to my expectations. The rest of the collection is great!